Thursday, December 29, 2011

Finding Your Passion

"Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.”


A long time ago I used to honestly think that I was flaky and indecisive because I couldn’t find that one true thing that I was passionate about.  I would worry, get frustrated and look for signs in everything, it was making me miserable!!


Now I believe that it’s just a curiosity. A curiosity of life, learning, loving and growing.  I’ve tried many things that become my passion and then it dissipates. I’ve done it in work, life, health, every facet of my life (except love) I now know that it doesn’t mean failure.

Sometimes our passion sneaks up on us. It may have been there all along, but was hiding. Life is about doing what you absolutely love, in every sense of the word.  If you don’t know what that is, relax, be still, and see what direction life moves you.  Finding our passion is not in our control. What we can do now is get our lives on track, get rid of areas of unhappiness and confusion, and let go of ideas about how our lives should be.


When I started Kiki’s Kitchen almost a year ago I had no idea what I was doing, literally.  I didn’t care because it was about me and for me. I can’t even truly explain how it happened. There was no fear or uncertainty.  I knew I could learn as I go just like in life!  It started as an idea, but even more than that.  A burning desire that I needed to help others like me by sharing what I knew through experience, even the small things like gluten free recipes and products.  Hey, wait a minute…I think I may have found my passion!!!!


"Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.”


No comments:

Post a Comment